Abraham-Hicks Discussion Home
 Search       Members   Calendar   Help   Home 
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
Abraham-Hicks Discussion > Forums > Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You > How to Have it Before Getting It

How to Have it Before Getting It
 Moderated by: Marc, Leslie, David Topic closed
 New Topic   Print 
AuthorPost
Creative Magic
Member
 

Joined: Sat Aug 15th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 395
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 03:56 am
We don't have to have something in our experience in order to have it in spirit. We always have discernment and that is something that serves us as it tells us clearly what we are seeing. So if we don't have it in front of us, we know it's not there IN FRONT OF US. But we can still possess it in our hearts, in our minds, and in our spirit. That's what I mean by "having" something before you see it manifest physically in your experience. Have it in your spirit. Have the energy of what you want. And how do we do that? Know that it is yours to create. Yours to allow or resist. Get comfortable with the idea of it, the idea of having it. Get comfortable with the energy and essence of it. Expect it. Get comfortable expecting it.

Creative Magic
Member
 

Joined: Sat Aug 15th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 395
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 04:43 am
"Having it" is about having a sense of ownership/connection to what you want. That is how you have the energy of what you want.

Hearts of Summer
Member


Joined: Wed Jun 17th, 2009
Location: Downstream
Posts: 377
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 05:32 am
Creative Magic wrote:   Get comfortable expecting it.


mmmmm love it!


thanks creative magic
::hearts

Memory.
Member


Joined: Mon Sep 8th, 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 253
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 12:01 pm

Although I understand what you are saying here Creative Magic, I really miss the practical " how to " part.

I mean: it is so vague to just hear in abstract terms: " possess it in your hearts, minds and spirits ". Well sure it is the way to manifest and to allow. But I like a more practical instruction.

How exactly do we possess it in our hearts, minds and spirits before having it? Is it by imagining it once a day? Or pretending it to be here, although you still do not 100% believe it. Should we do this all day? Or like twice a day? Is it even possible to "deny reality" and accept "vibrational reality" as if it is here?

Let's say I want to be a billionaire. Let's say I am that, I feel that, I try to believe that and "possess" that. Should I stop working tomorrow? Should I enjoy life and do whatever I like, and start buying whatever I like because I am a billionaire?

lifeisgood
Member


Joined: Fri Mar 21st, 2008
Location: Vienna, Virginia USA
Posts: 1498
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 01:05 pm
Memory. wrote:
Although I understand what you are saying here Creative Magic, I really miss the practical " how to " part.

I mean: it is so vague to just hear in abstract terms: " possess it in your hearts, minds and spirits ". Well sure it is the way to manifest and to allow. But I like a more practical instruction.

How exactly do we possess it in our hearts, minds and spirits before having it? Is it by imagining it once a day? Or pretending it to be here, although you still do not 100% believe it. Should we do this all day? Or like twice a day? Is it even possible to "deny reality" and accept "vibrational reality" as if it is here?

Let's say I want to be a billionaire. Let's say I am that, I feel that, I try to believe that and "possess" that. Should I stop working tomorrow? Should I enjoy life and do whatever I like, and start buying whatever I like because I am a billionaire?


We are giving "sight" or the ability to "see" something, way too much credit and Power. There are many things that we cant see that exist like atoms, electrons, protons, electricity, radio and microwaves and more. Most of the universere is made up of dark energy which is not seen. SEEING is not the criteria for existance.

Our FEELINGS are also sensors that help us tune into our VIBRATIONAL reality. Everything you have ever asked for and desired is there and exists in this vibrational reality right now. YES, I close my eyes, use my IMAGINATION and go there with my feelings many times a day. I believe the FEELING reality to be influential on the SEEING reality. Your perfect life is there but you dont necessarily quit your job nor ignore everything about your Seeing reality. However, I find that looking at my Seeing reality while I'm in my Vibrational reality (the Vortex), feels better and my Seeing reality conforms to the reality that I have created in my Vortex. 

Yes, sight and seeing are a huge part of our experience here but it is not the ultimate judge and jury of reality.

::stardust

chillinjoan
Member


Joined: Sun Mar 28th, 2010
Location: Melbourne, Florida USA
Posts: 1364
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 04:10 pm
it's a bit like the $100 bill in your wallet process.

You can shop and tell yourself you can afford this and that because you have the money right here with you, but you don't buy any of those things, yet you FELT the essence of owning them.

live like you think you would FEEL in getting what you want.

FEEL the essence of owning, having enjoying it, no matter what is going on around you.

that is the ART of feeling GOOD, feeling better than you did.  If you keep up this feeling, without the doubts of it interfering, it will come.  You have let go the resistance of doubt. 

THAT is how it enters your mind, spirit, and soul.  It finally matches what your IB has been holding for you, as they have bookmarked that place for you waiting for you to catch up with the true feeling of having and the pure expectation of it.

you think like I do, very logical and down to Earth, like it !

Memory.
Member


Joined: Mon Sep 8th, 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 253
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 05:18 pm

Thank you for your replies lifeisgood and chillinjoan.

You are correct in stating that we see limited with respect to the environment around us. It is true that with a microscope for isntance we can see so much more. I can find myself in that perspective.

So now, still, for my practical considerations. I should use an Abe process like Virtual Reality, or Wouldn't It Be Nice If, or I want this, because... to feel better about my desire. And to start feeling the essence of my desire?

Now let's say, I will do that 2 times a day for say 2 minutes. Would that do it? Or should I try to have 1 session of 15 minutes?

And if I am really faced with "what is", like being at work, at the university or in any situation that really gets you pointed to "REALITY". Then what? You cannot help (at least I can't) but think and feel in the terms of whatever I am experiencing then. I cannot suddenly pretend to be happy, in perfect health, a billionaire and an amazing person to be with, right?

"If you keep up this feeling, without the doubts of it interfering, it will come. You have let go the resistance of doubt."

I know, and I understand. I know the power of feeling the essence of what you want. Feeling like you are/have it. But it all sounds so easy to do. And sometimes it is. But when I am living my daily life it is hard. Because I am used and confronted with other realities, I guess.

Still in practical terms I question that. I can feel like a billionaire if I imagine it. But if I am working to get my money that is contradicting, isn't it? ::chin

And sorry Creative Magic for hijacking this thread ::devil

Last edited on Sat Aug 21st, 2010 05:19 pm by Memory.

star fairy
Member


Joined: Sun Jan 24th, 2010
Location: City Of Angels
Posts: 72
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 05:28 pm
memory
the same thing happens to me except i got so good at imaging that it often freaks me out to find myself in my "what is". maybe it's too quantum leap-y or something and causes me anxiety.
but for ur point (so as not to hijack teehee) if you find urself working then u can think of it as a step on ur way to the life you've created in your escrow - you still have to "show up" in order to manifest - it's just that once u figure out how to get to the feeling place, imagine, let it go and EXPECT it to come to you and keep holding that, then it must come, it is law. the trick " is not to get to doubting while it is coming.
star::stardust

chillinjoan
Member


Joined: Sun Mar 28th, 2010
Location: Melbourne, Florida USA
Posts: 1364
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Aug 21st, 2010 05:29 pm
I have not a set pattern for thinking good thoughts.  I just do them as they flash across my mind until I feel better.

If it becomes boring or feels like work, stop.

YOU make a choice of how you want to feel at any given time and place.  You can feel good about your lousy surroundings or you could see people who they really are, how Source sees them with pure LOVE.

which do you choose.........which is better?

I, personally will not stay around a negative person for very long, it affects me.  I have lost friends this way, and it has been for the better.

But that is ME.  Many people are able to be around anyone and it never affects their attitude.  I have not mastered that yet, but will, I am on it.  Getting very good at it.  It is like wearing a coat of Armour, and no bad stuff can get in.

just wave and smile joan, just wave and smile.

Belana
Member


Joined: Thu May 8th, 2008
Location: Rich Town On Happy Planet
Posts: 1562
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Aug 22nd, 2010 06:39 pm
Memory. wrote:
So now, still, for my practical considerations. I should use an Abe process like Virtual Reality, or Wouldn't It Be Nice If, or I want this, because... to feel better about my desire. And to start feeling the essence of my desire?

Now let's say, I will do that 2 times a day for say 2 minutes. Would that do it? Or should I try to have 1 session of 15 minutes?


I'd like to tell you a story that happened in our family.  There was this relative who had come to stay with my parents after being hospitalized. At first it was going O.K., but after a while, this guy was bossing my mum around, he was being served by her hand and foot.  That got on her nerves.  And my dad was slowly but surely getting so worked up about this guy that he would have given himself a heart-attack in the end.  He was pretty fed up with him being there.  He was giving comments on my parents behind their backs, about how lazy they are and everything.  (you have to know that they are always busy, and always have been)  The guy was very lazy, hid behind his "disease" (that was at that point no longer there) so that he didn't even have to wash himself, etc...

The guy really had no place to go, but a retirement home.  And one day my mum suggested that to him, (after worrying about that for weeks and weeks, afraid to talk to him about it, and this in her own house mind you) :?because he really wasn't the easiest person to live with.  He agreed that he wasn't easy and although he was very sad at first that he had to go, eventually he saw that it might be a better solution for all of them, he didn't like being there very much either.

So my mum and him went to check out a retirement home, but these things have long waiting lists of course, and things got from bad to worse, and every week, when we visited my parents, we could feel and see them getting more and more upset and nervous and they really weren't doing well, because that guy was still there.

And one particular Sunday, my mum, my husband and I were sitting around the table talking about it and I went like: "what if the woman from the retirement home calls you next week or so ? It could happen, couldn't it ?  It's not because they said there is a list of over half a year that they couldn't contact you sooner, right ?" and my mum answered: "no, you're right, who knows, it could happen sooner".  And the three of us went on for maybe 15 minutes or so, doing a "what if", without my mum even knowing what that is.

Now I don't remember exactly, was it Monday or Tuesday ? but one or two days after we had done that (only once), my mum called me and told me she had been contacted by the woman from the retirement home.  The woman had told her that someone had died, and that she had seen how my mum really was as the end of her rope when she went there, that the woman thought to herself she wanted to make "that little lady" happy and so she put the guy on top of the list and called my mum, instead of maybe 50 other guys that were on the list before him.

So there you see that it really doesn't have to take all that much time, or effort, only focus, and a strong desire and then letting go as well as possible.

Hope this helps...

:kiss:

Belana

BeYu
Member
 

Joined: Sun Aug 22nd, 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sun Aug 22nd, 2010 08:10 pm
hey, usually i just read the posts but don´t write myself (my english is not really good,i think).But only a few days ago I had this moment of clarity about this "having something bevor you have it"and about everything I learned so far, so maybe it is helpful for some of you too:

This is how I understand the teachings of Abraham:

Everything is vibration: You, every other person, things,thoughts...

And: in vibrational realiy,there is no time and no space..

So: every time you think a thougth, this thougth becomes a part of your vibration/a part of you. You (vibrationally) change immediately. There can be no seperation, because there is no space between, and      IT TAKES NO TIME!!

And it doesn´t matter if you think in terms of "i have it" or "I don´t have it", because something like "don´t have it" is not possible on a vibrational level !

When you think about $ 100.000-  you are (you + $100.000 ).Your vibration includes now $100.000 .You never get rid of them again!From now on,it is yours!

That is who YOU really are!-You created this vortex-version of you with everything you ever wanted!::cool

In physical, we have time and space-so you don´t see instantly the things you tougth about as part of you-but if you would never ever think about this thing again, LOA would bring it to you as fast as possible through time and space. But when you now start thinking about "not having" it,(in physical it is possible to be seperated)you hold it back ,and the hole universe has to work really hard to seperate you physicaly from something that vibrationaly is already a part of you.Thats why it feels so bad (resistance).

Since i understand the teachings of Abe in this way, I see how funny it is to think about something and at the same time complaining that we don´t have it. It is not even possible!With every thougth, you make the things you want a bigger part of your vibration/a bigger part of you.So everytime it hurts more,to see it as not yours. So we really don´t have to do anything, just stop holding it away from us.

You really have it already!You are it!

 

So I never again think about something, to get something, or make something happen-because it´s really done!I just think for fun!When you think positive thougths,the universe/source can "complete" the physical you by bringing you everything that is already a part of you vibrationaly. And when a negative thougth comes up- I imagine how the faries of the universe try to push away my money and my house and my lover or whatever.Thats why it feels hard/heavy/bad...than I have to laugh!!!

I hope my english was not too bad and my perspective is clear enough and helpful for some of you!

BeYu

Merry
Member


Joined: Sat Jan 16th, 2010
Location: I Am Worthy Living In Lake Worth, USA
Posts: 337
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 04:49 am
BeYu wrote: 
I hope my english was not too bad and my perspective is clear enough and helpful for some of you!

BeYu
Your perspective was perfectly clear...::TU

Creative Magic
Member
 

Joined: Sat Aug 15th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 395
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 09:06 am
You have it because it is your destiny if you allow it. It is your reality to allow. It is done. It is yours. Just allow it.

lifeisgood
Member


Joined: Fri Mar 21st, 2008
Location: Vienna, Virginia USA
Posts: 1498
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 12:28 pm
Memory. wrote:
Thank you for your replies lifeisgood and chillinjoan.

You are correct in stating that we see limited with respect to the environment around us. It is true that with a microscope for isntance we can see so much more. I can find myself in that perspective.

So now, still, for my practical considerations. I should use an Abe process like Virtual Reality, or Wouldn't It Be Nice If, or I want this, because... to feel better about my desire. And to start feeling the essence of my desire?

Now let's say, I will do that 2 times a day for say 2 minutes. Would that do it? Or should I try to have 1 session of 15 minutes?

And if I am really faced with "what is", like being at work, at the university or in any situation that really gets you pointed to "REALITY". Then what? You cannot help (at least I can't) but think and feel in the terms of whatever I am experiencing then. I cannot suddenly pretend to be happy, in perfect health, a billionaire and an amazing person to be with, right?

"If you keep up this feeling, without the doubts of it interfering, it will come. You have let go the resistance of doubt."

I know, and I understand. I know the power of feeling the essence of what you want. Feeling like you are/have it. But it all sounds so easy to do. And sometimes it is. But when I am living my daily life it is hard. Because I am used and confronted with other realities, I guess.

Still in practical terms I question that. I can feel like a billionaire if I imagine it. But if I am working to get my money that is contradicting, isn't it? ::chin

And sorry Creative Magic for hijacking this thread ::devil


"The Formula for Creating says: Identify your desire and then be sure that you are a vibrational match to your desire. So that the signal that you are offering is a pure signal rather than a contradicted signal.

So that when you are offering the signal of wellness, then wellness becomes your experience. Then you say, "Well, Abraham, that's easy to do for someone who is already feeling well. It's easy to offer the vibration of wellness when I am well. But how do I offer the vibration of wellness when I am sick?"

And we say, by remembering when you were well, by imagining that you are well, by pretending that you are well, by de-emphasizing the fact that you are sick and re-emphasizing the feeling of wellness. That is your work. In other words, that's what Creative endeavor is about..." --
Abraham, Fri, Jan 4, 2008

lifeisgood
Member


Joined: Fri Mar 21st, 2008
Location: Vienna, Virginia USA
Posts: 1498
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 12:42 pm
All you’ve got to do is stop complaining, stop noticing what’s going wrong, stop talking to people that complain, stop reiterating things that haven’t worked. Stop talking about being stuck.

Stop all that stuff -  just stop that stuff that does not feel good and start: loving and humming, and skipping, and listening, and soothin,g and meditating, and basking, and soaking in the hot tub, and laying on the beach, and eating where you like to eat, and loving, and complimenting, and basking, and looking for reasons to feel good, and remembering good times, and looking through the photo album, and pulling out pictures that feel good to you and sticking them in places where you’ll see them often, and reading your love letters, and writing love letters, and remembering people who loved you, and remembering compliments, and looking for reasons to feel good, and petting your cat, and looking at flowers, and walking in gardens, and looking at the sky and looking at the sunset, and basking over the rainbows, and then repeat all of that over and over and over and over and over...


There’s not one blasted thing for any of you to do but get happy NOW. That’s it.  Get into alignment.  Find a reason to be happy.
--Abraham, Los Angeles, 2-1-03





Memory.
Member


Joined: Mon Sep 8th, 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 253
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 01:25 pm

Thank you very much lifeisgood! I love the quotes and especially the last one speaks to me big time.

Since I read a similar quote about how things are done and having it all done, I read that quote like three times already. And now you post it again. I love that quote! And I love the idea.

I guess the universe really wants to tell me this since I have been contemplating/reading this idea a lot this week.

Now I really want to put in in practice. I will STOP all the things like complaining, worrying and all. I'd rather do nothing than just be in the NOW. And I will start savoring, basking, appreciating and feeling good. I will give my attention to good feeling things and thoughts. I will be good at this. :shock:

::TU

lifeisgood
Member


Joined: Fri Mar 21st, 2008
Location: Vienna, Virginia USA
Posts: 1498
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 02:30 pm
Memory. wrote:
Thank you very much lifeisgood! I love the quotes and especially the last one speaks to me big time.

Since I read a similar quote about how things are done and having it all done, I read that quote like three times already. And now you post it again. I love that quote! And I love the idea.

I guess the universe really wants to tell me this since I have been contemplating/reading this idea a lot this week.

Now I really want to put in in practice. I will STOP all the things like complaining, worrying and all. I'd rather do nothing than just be in the NOW. And I will start savoring, basking, appreciating and feeling good. I will give my attention to good feeling things and thoughts. I will be good at this. :shock:

::TU


Me too!

::hugging

Kaz
Member


Joined: Tue Jun 12th, 2007
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 457
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 03:26 pm
Thank you, everyone, for this conversation.  Even after all this time, I needed to hear these things.

Memory, like you, I need to hear the actual, practical, how-to stuff.

sunshinemhf
Member
 

Joined: Wed Apr 21st, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 03:34 pm
Thank you lifeisgood for that quote I really, really needed to hear that!!!

 

MiAlma
Member


Joined: Fri May 7th, 2010
Location: Que Rica Es Mi Vida!, USA
Posts: 664
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 03:43 pm
BeYu wrote: hey, usually i just read the posts but don´t write myself (my english is not really good,i think).But only a few days ago I had this moment of clarity about this "having something bevor you have it"and about everything I learned so far, so maybe it is helpful for some of you too:

This is how I understand the teachings of Abraham:

Everything is vibration: You, every other person, things,thoughts...

And: in vibrational realiy,there is no time and no space..

So: every time you think a thougth, this thougth becomes a part of your vibration/a part of you. You (vibrationally) change immediately. There can be no seperation, because there is no space between, and      IT TAKES NO TIME!!

And it doesn´t matter if you think in terms of "i have it" or "I don´t have it", because something like "don´t have it" is not possible on a vibrational level !

When you think about $ 100.000-  you are (you + $100.000 ).Your vibration includes now $100.000 .You never get rid of them again!From now on,it is yours!

That is who YOU really are!-You created this vortex-version of you with everything you ever wanted!::cool

In physical, we have time and space-so you don´t see instantly the things you tougth about as part of you-but if you would never ever think about this thing again, LOA would bring it to you as fast as possible through time and space. But when you now start thinking about "not having" it,(in physical it is possible to be seperated)you hold it back ,and the hole universe has to work really hard to seperate you physicaly from something that vibrationaly is already a part of you.Thats why it feels so bad (resistance).

Since i understand the teachings of Abe in this way, I see how funny it is to think about something and at the same time complaining that we don´t have it. It is not even possible!With every thougth, you make the things you want a bigger part of your vibration/a bigger part of you.So everytime it hurts more,to see it as not yours. So we really don´t have to do anything, just stop holding it away from us.

You really have it already!You are it!

 

So I never again think about something, to get something, or make something happen-because it´s really done!I just think for fun!When you think positive thougths,the universe/source can "complete" the physical you by bringing you everything that is already a part of you vibrationaly. And when a negative thougth comes up- I imagine how the faries of the universe try to push away my money and my house and my lover or whatever.Thats why it feels hard/heavy/bad...than I have to laugh!!!

I hope my english was not too bad and my perspective is clear enough and helpful for some of you!

BeYu

BeYu::TU::TU::TU Your English and your perspective were both PERFECT! I got it and I love it!


 Current time is 11:57 am
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  


 

 




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez